Tell Us What Your Nonprofit is Doing on Valley Gives Day!
We want to help spread the word about fun and engaging activities put on by participating nonprofits on Valley Gives day. If your nonprofit is hosting an event on 12.12.13 that is open to the press and public, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Monday and tell us:
- The name of your nonprofit, email and phone number
- The location and address of your event
- The time of your event
- 1-2 sentences about what will take place at your event
Offer Your Nonprofit’s Talents at a Valley Gives Street Team Location
We are very excited to announce that a Peter Pan bus will be accompanying one of our street teams to stops in Greenfield, Northampton, and West Springfield Big Y stores! The bus will park in the parking lot and we’d love to have a few nonprofits come perform there (sing, dance, play, engage with passers by).
Here is what we would need you to do (if accepted): provide all your own equipment and personnel and provide an activity that engages passers by outside next to the bus for about 40 minutes. The available time slots/locations are:
- 12:20 – 1:00 pm at Big Y World Class Market Greenfield (237 Mohawk Trail)
- 1:00 – 1:40 pm at Big Y World Class Market Greenfield (237 Mohawk Trail)
- 3:20 – 4:00 pm at Big Y World Class Market Northampton (136 N. King St)
- 4:00 – 4:40 pm at Big Y World Class Market Northampton (136 N. King St)
Interested? Please email email@example.com the following information (slots will be assigned on a first come, first served basis):
- The name of your nonprofit and the best email and phone number to reach you at
- What you’ll do for 40 minutes (remember, you’ll be outside and need to bring all your own equipment!)
- Which time slot(s)/location(s) you can do
- Then wait for a confirmation call or email to see if you have been accepted. We’ll let you know early next week.
Nonprofits: even if you don’t get a slot we welcome your visit to our mobile teams–come give us a high five! But, please, remember that we are not there to promote any one nonprofit over another (you have your own events and outreach for that). Instead, we are working to build excitement for Valley Gives as a whole. Please respect donors’ privacy near mobile giving stations by not soliciting donors anywhere near the street teams. If we see that activity, we will ask you to stop and return to your social media and other strategies to raise funds on the day.
Stay tuned for the full schedule of street team locations and times.