Meredith Janke shares her 8 principles of writing a press release, specifically for non-profits like you!
Some things to remember:
– The Hook! What will catch the reader’s attention?
– The inverted pyramid: Most important information to least important information.
– Your focus. As always, stay engaged and on track.
– Tell your story: people want to hear about your good work!
– Originality is key, Janke says to avoid using, “hype words”.
– Distribute strategically: who is your audience? What do they read?
– Use structure: Find out what other press releases look like.
Do you want to see the final product? For a great example, click here. Google search “Press Release Sample” to browse many more.