Since 12.12.12, we have been listening, learning and working to make this year’s Valley Gives Day bigger and better. Many of you participated in our surveys, focus groups, or just sent along your thoughts about what you liked and what we could do better. Thank you all for sharing your feedback!
Here is what we heard from over 200 donors and over 200 nonprofits who completed surveys:
- Enhance the website, including fixing the gift scheduling function and encouraging gifts to multiple nonprofits.
- Nonprofits want more time to plan and build social media and related strategies to make the most of Valley Gives Day.
- Nonprofits want more training opportunities and support.
- The year-end timing was both helpful and challenging. While the giving season motivated donors, it is a busy time for nonprofits.
- A third of surveyed nonprofits reported that at least 40% of their donors on the day were new to the organization.
- Consider new ways to award and share prize money.
Here is what we are doing:
- We have been working to enhance the user experience and fix identified problems on the website.
- We are sending the date out now: 12.12.13 to give you plenty of time to plan. Sign-ups will also take place earlier than last year.
- We will offer more training this time around and earlier in the process. Course offerings will include social media for beginner and advanced, fundraising and stewardship basics, and how to integrate Valley Gives with other fundraising efforts.
Now that the date is set, it is time to start planning!