FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
5 DECEMBER 2012
Michael Kusek at communication angle
firstname.lastname@example.org – or -
Caroline Deltoro at the Community Foundation
of Western Massachusetts
WITH ONE WEEK TO GO UNTIL VALLEY GIVES, PRIZE POOL NOW $200,000!
New gifts add $50,000 to the amount that local nonprofits will be competing for during Valley Gives
Springfield, MA – With just one week to go until 12.12.12 – when over 260 local nonprofits and programs will participate in the first 24-hour e-philanthropy event in western Massachusetts – thanks to some last minute gifts from donors, Valley Gives has been able to add an additional $50,000 in gifts, raising the prize pool to an amazing $200,000.
When Valley Gives was announced earlier this fall it had $150,000 in unrestricted cash prizes and bonus matches to be given out randomly to nonprofits as well as to those that inspire the most donors and raise the most money.
Thanks to generous sponsors and donors, the current prize structure is:
- Nonprofits in two budget categories (budgets greater than $500K, budgets less than $500K) will compete for bonus grants presented to the top three slots for “Most Money Raised” and for “Most Donors.” (First place $15,000, Second place $10,000 and Third place $5,000).
- In keeping with our 12.12.12 theme, nonprofits in 12th place in each category will get a $1,200 bonus grant.
- Hourly, beginning 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM, a randomly selected donation to a participating nonprofit will have $1,000 added to the total.
- Throughout the day there will be Golden Tickets added to randomly selected donations:
- 1 x $5,000
- 2 x $10,000
- 1 x $15,000
- 1 x $20,000 - This $20,000 Golden Ticket award is dedicated in memory of Meredith “Merrie” Wood. Merrie was a leader in the region’s philanthropic, cultural and educational activities. This special award will be added in her honor to a donor’s gift on Valley Gives Day to reflect the values of generosity, involvement and inspiration that were the hallmark of Merrie’s life in service to nonprofits in the Pioneer Valley.
Valley Gives will take place Wednesday, December 12, 2012 from 12 midnight to 11:59 PM. Gifts can be made at www.valleygivesday.org. Potential donors are encouraged to follow Valley Gives in real time on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ValleyGives or on Twitter @ValleyGives.
Valley Gives is a new initiative spearheaded and hosted by the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts. Joining this effort as partners are eight of the leading funding organizations serving western Massachusetts, including: Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts, Jewish Endowment Foundation, Women’s Fund of Western Massachusetts, United Way of Hampshire County, United Way of Franklin County, United Way of Pioneer Valley, Irene E. & George A. Davis Foundation, and The Beveridge Family Foundation.
Valley Gives technical support is provided by Razoo, the world’s fastest-growing crowdfunding site for causes. Razoo, which has helped nonprofits raise over $101M, is committed to creating a more generous world by offering easy-to-use online fundraising tools for individuals and nonprofits.
Valley Gives is generously supported by Easthampton Savings Bank; Doherty, Wallace, Pillsbury, Murphy, P.C.; Balise; Peter Pan; Greenfield Cooperative Bank and Paragus Strategic IT as well as numerous individual donors.
(EDITOR NOTE: A complete list of participants is available on request)
- END -